Search This Blog

Friday, September 12, 2008

Recent Drawings 9_12_08

I’m basically new in my job. 8 months to be exact and one way for me to connect to my co-workers is to draw them up. This never fails.

I used to be timid and quiet but I just told myself, what the heck, I’ll just let everybody know who I am and what I do.

Drawing always gets people’s attention and it’s one way for me to gain their respect. Once they know I’m an artist, they stop harassing me. Of course I also understand respect should come from both sides. I grew up in the province and have been a FOB so I totally understand what respect means.

Drawing my co-workers is good practice for me so I also gain something out of it even if I do it for free.

But I recently decided to charge them the next time. It’s like Bill Gates’ style… giving away softwares for free then once you’re used to the free software and couldn’t live without it, Bill Gates upgrades it for $$$.

Cool strategy :-)









2 comments:

LivingPlanet said...

great stuff, congrats!

MVC said...

thanks.
mel