Search This Blog

Friday, September 12, 2008

My Books

I got my first ever published comic book. It was a collaboration between me and Hal Nielsen of Jungle Training Productions. I’ve been doing comics for a while with Hal and this one was the latest. The other ones were mainly for presentation which I didn’t know if those ever got published.













I used a small brush that I bought at Walmart. I tried using a black pen but it didn’t work because it’s taking too much time and I hate it because I cannot afford to use too much of my time because of my 2 young kids.

You know most Filipino illustrators use a brush for comics so I tried it. It worked for me because you can cover thick and thin lines in one stroke. I’m not a master in comics but I got the job done. Hal liked it and we’re about to start on another one. It’s available for sale in Hal’s website.

This second book is a compilation of my flash designs and tattoos that I did. I published this myself. This is available for sale for $40.00 each. I can guarantee that it’s worth the price because I broke it in at the Cow Palace Tattoo expo. People who saw it loved it. You’ll find plenty of Filipino flash in this book. You can contact me if you want it.

















This third book is about my art. Inside are collection of my works starting from 2000 to 2007. Available for sale at 30 bucks a pop. Also self published. Here’s my email:

melveracruz@sbcglobal.net











No comments: