Search This Blog

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Dragon With Phoenix Wings



I declined to do this project the first time Chris Gingrich of Gingalley Productions offered it to me. I don’t like doing realistic drawings because it takes too much of my time plus the fact that the client cannot afford what it’s really worth. They’re a start up rock band from the bay area. Chris tried finding somebody else but nobody wants to do it so when he offered it to me the second time, I accepted. I cannot say no two times to one of my best friends. I worked with Chris for 9 years in the art department at Zomax Inc. in Fremont. He and Jerri (his girlfriend) are now the godparents of my second child Isabela.

It took me a while to finish this because of other commitments but was able to pull it off I think.

I drew the outline first, scanned it and did the rest in Photoshop using my wacom pen and pad. Photoshop and wacom made my life a lot easier. I specially like wacom because it’s a lot comfortable to draw with a pen instead of a mouse.

They now realeased the cintiq something… where you can draw straight on the computer screen. Wow!



I’m still waiting for it get cheaper. The unit costs two grand at present.

No comments: