Search This Blog

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Two Exhibits in Manila

ASIMILASYON RADIKAL - post-punk aesthetics



Kwatro kantos (England Hidalgo, Mel Vera Cruz, Marcius Noceda and Carlo Ricafort) Andres Barrioquinto, Alfred Esquillo, Robert Langenegger, Romeo Lee and Santiago Bose have an ongoing exhibit at the Cultural Center of the Philippines.

This show have been in the works for almost 2 years and I'm really happy that it's at the CCP now. I am honored to have my works hanged at the CCP. I have shown there back in 1986 after the EDSA revolution titled Piglas, Art at the Crossroads.

This show is different because there's only a few of us and I'm hanging my works with such great artists as Esquillo and Santi Bose.

I've been saying how Santi changed my direction in art. He's like a big brother to me regarding my art and now my works are side by side with his at the CCP. I cannot ask for more at the moment.

I just wish I could be there but I can't due to money problems and I'm new to my work so I cannot get too much time-off.

Thanks Lian Ladia for curating the show and making this happen.

Here's the link.

Click for photos here.


BLOW BY



Another on going exhibit that me and Kwatro Kantos have joined is this.

I'm stoked that they used both of my images for the postcards. The title for the image on the left is "Barok's Burden.'

2 comments:

mahter said...

Hi,

The drawings that you have of Lapu-lapu, would you allow that to be worn by other people as their tatoo?

Thanks!

MVC said...

i have no problem with that. thanks.