Search This Blog

Monday, November 06, 2006

The Spider Fight In L.A.




we went to a friend's house near placentia in LA some time ago. i met with my brother who lives in san diego. we were drinking beer beside our friend's swimming pool when we noticed the bushes behind the pool. we went closer to look for what me and my brother loved to play with during our childhood in quezon province, philippines. and lo and behold. we were really surprised to find what we were looking for. two tiger spiders in their separate webs. we called this kind gagambang tigre back in P.I.

my brother grabbed a long broom to get the spiders. my brother was our 'expert' when it came to spider fights you know. some animal lovers might find this disturbing but hey, spider fights just like sabong are part of our culture not only in quezon province but throughout the philippines.

we immediately grabbed a small stick and did what we used to do back in P.I. what nostalgia. imagine having a spider fight in the middle of los angeles, usa?

here are the pictures.


















1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nag bbinta poba kau ng gagamba,tagasan poh kau