Search This Blog

Friday, March 31, 2006

Joel Fabonan

Si joel fabonan po, dating full time rock star na ngayo’y part time na lang dahil art na ang mas pinagkaka-abalahan nya ngayon. He just did his second one person show in a gallery in timog. Fabo and I worked in the creative department of avellana and associates. He was one of the founders of our madrugada art group. I’m going to feature each members’ art on this blog.

We almost formed a blues/rock band where he sang and I played guitar but nothing happened because we always got drunk before we could play.



Fabo is a highly creative person and has a great sense of humor. I love his grafitti-style art where he tells random stories of perceived ‘baduy’ stuff. For me it’s important to expose the pinoy’s real mentality. The essence of the majority. Not just the elite’s point of view. Most art I see in manila are inspired by the collectors because they are the buyers so most artists tend to make art that cater to their tastes.

Fabonan’s art are honest. I know it came from deep in his heart. Here are some of his paintings done in discarded cardboards.







No comments: