Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Do You Have A Filipina?

I admit I am elated that my artwork made it to a cover of a book. I remember when a friend told me, 'Oh we can't hang with those guys (pointing to authors and artists)... they're already published in books!'

Well my artwork is in the cover of a book now what? Do I jump for joy or shout to the world hey my painting's in a book!

Nope!

I choose to be grounded about this because the bottom line is the message.

It hurt when I first heard about the story Europeans referring to Filipinas as maids!

And just this morning on Facebook, a friend posted a video of a Pinay hit by something hard on the head by her 'master' in Kuwait. Her face was oozing with blood while speaking begging for her countrymen to help her.

GRRRRR!

This is just a sample of what Filipinas go through when they try to get out of a country that doesn't really support women's rights because of deep-seated 'macho' culture.

It is a great honor and help for my kumareng Barbara Jane Reyes to put my art on the cover of her book 'Invocation To Daughters' because my message will be seen by more people and that IS my goal - to spread awareness!

Here's the link...

https://www.amazon.com/Invocation-Daughters-City-Lights-Spotlight/dp/0872867471

More power to you thank you mareng Barbara. :-)


No comments: