Search This Blog

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Cow Palace Tattoo Expo

March 29 to April 1 2007

At the previous tattoo convention (pomona, ca), I was asked to draw ‘rodriguez’ in graffiti style by a guy whose last name ofcourse was rodriguez. He liked the drawing and took it. I always make copies of what I do for my portfolio.

I was on my table at this convention drawing something when I heard a customer looking for graffiti style drawings. So I took out the ‘rodriguez’ drawing and showed it to him but he didn’t like it so I just left the drawing lying on the table.

I was really surprised when a big bulky guy came up rushing to my table exclaiming that’s exactly what he was looking for. Is your name rodriguez I asked. He said yes and the style I did was exactly what he wants except for some additional tribals extending to his arm. I was happy because this drawing made money twice and the second one I only had to adjust a small bit. He came back the next day to have the tat done.

This tattoo expo set a record for me. On Saturday, I started drawing at 11am and was only able to rest at 5pm. 6 hours non stop of custom drawings. There were a lot more after my rest. I was really satisfied because the customers loved all the drawings I did. Whew!

These drawings I did based on the clients’ descriptions. Here they are…























No comments: